Friday, May 4, 2012

May 4 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE


What is this one? 54????? I don't think you look a day over 53.


All set to go just have to take the bikes in to Southern Cross station.


Joe and I took the bikes into Southern Cross station about 3:00 pm.  At bit of stuffing around with reducing the weight in my box, but other than that went OK.


 By the time I got home we had to go back in again.  Janelle and Sarah dropped me off.  We went to South Melbourne for a feed of Japanese (couldn't get Sarah to try the eel) and then headed for the station.  Met Joe on the station and we got our seats.  Train choofed off at 7:55 pm on time.


Train was pretty full.  Demographic profile of the travellers was 50% old people i.e. people older than me, 2 handsome gents with strong thighs and small brains with the rest being bogans.


Janelle and Lisa both independently bought Joe and I Kindles' for our bithdays.  Fantastic.  Best present Janelle has bought me since the Stanley Phillips head screwdrivers.  We spent most of the time reading our books and studying the other travellers.  Much as we would study aliens.  Lights out at 10:00 pm.  


Sleeping on the train was tough.  OK for Joe, he had plenty of room for his little legs, but I felt like a contortionist trying to get comfortable.  Not much sleep had that night.


Congratulations to Rebecca Lionnet on getting her drivers licence today. Hopefully her father's car will survive until he returns.


TM - Joe says you can use the car as if it was your own while he is away ;-))

No comments:

Post a Comment